Grilled Summer Peach Recipe
Peaches may just be summer’s best fruit. There. We said it. 🍑
And with the smallest effort, you can easily transform these golden juicy, sweet, tender babies into a delectable dessert.
Quick cooking over hot grills brings out the peach’s natural juiciness and intensifies their deep summer sweetness and infuses them with a subtle smoky flavour.
So, in celebration of summer and all things delicious, we are sharing our drool-worthy grilled peaches recipe.
Time: 5 mins prep and 10 mins cooking
- 4 ripe peaches (just ripe, not overly soft)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 4 scoops of thickened cream or ice cream (or coconut cream/ice cream for vegan option)
- Mint leaves
- Clean grill grates so no savoury flavours remain from previous cooking.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat (190-200C degrees).
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and brush both sides with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the cut side with brown sugar and cinnamon
- Grill cut side down for 4 to 5 minutes until softened and grill marks appear.
- Flip and grill the other side for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, mint leaves, and a tablespoon of thickened cream (or coconut yogurt if preferred)