Vegetable Frittata Waste Free Recipe
A Delicious & Nutritious Recipe To Help Save Your Veggies From Going To Waste
Got leftover veggies in the fridge? Let's turn them into a delicious and nutritious Veggie Frittata! Frittatas are an Italian-style omelette and are the perfect, quick and healthy meal. They’re also a super versatile dish that allows you to get creative with any veggies you have on hand, making it your own whilst also reducing food waste.
So grab whatever veggies you have in the fridge and let's get cooking! Both your taste buds and the planet will be thanking you!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 cup mixed veggies (e.g., bell peppers, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar, feta, or any favourite cheese)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9-inch oven-safe skillet or baking dish with olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together until well combined. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the leftover veggies, sautéing them for a few minutes until they're slightly softened and warmed through. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture over the sautéed veggies in the skillet, ensuring both the egg and the veggies are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the frittata mixture, allowing it to evenly cover the veggies and eggs.
- Cook the frittata on the stove top for about 3-4 minutes, or until the edges begin to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the frittata is set in the centre and slightly golden on top.
- Once done, remove the frittata from the oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes. Garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or basil, if desired.
- Slice the Veggie Frittata into wedges and serve it as a hearty breakfast, brunch, or even a light dinner! Enjoy it warm with a side salad or crusty bread.