Spiced Apple Rings
Spiced apple rings are the perfect guilt-free snack, fantastic for when you have those nights binge watching shows, or when you want something to nibble on in between meals. Best part? They’re full of nutrition thanks to the multiple spices, and have no added sugar! Read ahead for perhaps the simplest snack you’ll find yet!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60-90 minutes
- 2x large apples (we recommend Pink Lady, Braeburn or Fuji)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 pinch of ground clove
- Preheat oven to 100°C and line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat
- Slice apples using a knife or a mandolin (no need to core the apples - they're perfectly edible!). Place the apple slices in a large bowl
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle the spices over the apple slices with one hand while tossing with the other.
- Place apples on the baking tray. Bake for 60-90 minutes (rotating halfway), or until they are dry and shrivelled and still tender.