Treat Yo' Self this Valentine's Day
To receive all the wonderful benefits of a face oil, it needs to be made up of a carrier oil and an essential oil (or two).
Carrier oils come from the fatty parts of plants, nuts, and seeds, while essential oils are derived from the petals, leaves, bark, stems, and roots of plants.
The best carrier oils for skin care include organic argan oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut and sweet almond oil to name a few.
This face oil recipe is one of our faves and is a natural, non-toxic and inexpensive skincare multi-worker (moisturiser, cleanser AND serum) which is suitable for most skin types, making it the perfect, waste-free, Valentine's-day gift to treat yo’ sweet self or a loved one with 💕✨
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil - a great antibacterial, anti inflammatory oil that is hypoallergenic and perfect for sensitive skin
- 1 tbsp rosehip seed oil - helps boost collagen and hydrates
- 4 drops sandalwood - helps fight acne-causing bacteria, exfoliates the skin, soothes sunburn, removes suntan and also reduces signs of ageing such as dry skin and wrinkles.
- 4 drops frankincense- can help support cellular function, so it's often used to soothe skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes
Other carrier oils that also work well:
Sweet almond oil: Helps reverse sun damage and scarring
Avocado oil: promotes collagen production
Other essential oils that work a treat:
Lavender: best for acne, oily, or even dry skin – lavender is incredibly healing!
Rose geranium: especially good for dry, sensitive, aging, and normal skin
- Combine the carrier oils and essential oils in a dark, amber glass bottle
- Screw on the top and shake well
- Cleanse, tone, and apply 2-4 drops to dry skin using the reusable Beauty Swag wipes
- Store in a cool, dark place and use within three months