Pear Tarte Tatin
Apple tarte tatin is amazing but have you ever tried a pear tarte Tatin? We can't get enough of it! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to this deliciously sweet and heart-warming recipe and you’ll be on cloud nine 👌🏼
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 5 pears
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 sheet of flaky puff pastry
- 70g butter
- 1 tbsp water
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush 20cm cake pan with melted butter and line base and sides with baking paper
- Peel and core the pears, then cut them into quarters. Place into a bowl, cover with cold water and add a squeeze of lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Heat caster sugar into a large non-stick frying pan for 15-20 minutes. Swirl the pan occasionally, until the sugar is completely melted and caramel in color.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until well combined. Pour toffee over the base of the prepared pan.
- Drain pears and arrange over the base of the cake pan, on top of toffee, overlapping slightly.
- Lay pastry over pears, folding excess in towards the center.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is browned and crisp.
- Serve slices of tart with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel-pear sauce.