Crème Fraîche Recipe by Holly Davis
Holly Davis, chef, author and fermentation expert and teach is delighting us again this month with her next recipe, Crème Fraîche.
"This is the simplest way to culture cream," says Holly.
Once cultured, this cream can happily be dolloped wherever you desire; on a scone with homemade jam, on porridge or cake or to top a thick soup, go wild! Culturing cream will give it a delightful, slightly sour complex flavour and render it more digestible.
Serves: Approx 500ml
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 24 hours
- 500 ml thin (pouring) cream
- ½ tbsp plain yoghurt, or buttermilk or dairy kefir
- Whisk the cream and yoghurt or alternative culture together in a bowl
- Pour the mixture into a spotlessly clean glass jar, put the lid on tightly and leave in a warmish spot (24-28˚C) for 24 hours to culture
- After 24 hours, the cream will have thickened and become slightly sour. Store the sealed jar in the fridge, where it will thicken further.
This will keep for up to 2 weeks to use as is or you can turn this into this cultured butter with my recipe here.
PLUS this month, The Swag & Food By Holly Davis have teamed up and are giving you the chance to WIN the ULTIMATE bread-lover’s bundle, including:
- 1 x Award-Winning Bread Swag
- 1 x Spot in the interactive live round of The Art Of Sourdough Baking (starts October 17th - head to link in Holly’s bio to learn more about the course!)
- 1 x Durable 1 kg Sandwich Loaf Pan
How to Enter? Simply follow these three simple steps:
- Follow @theswag.original & @hollydaviswholefood AND
- TAG a bread-loving friend in this post AND
- Sign up to Holly Davis’ FREE newsletter (head to link in Holly’s bio to subscribe!)
This is bundle is valued over $400! Now go get tagging and DOUGH-NOT miss your chance to win 😉
Competition closes Sunday October 9th 11:59PM AEST 2022
Open to AU & NZ residents only.
Winner will be drawn randomly and announced from combined brands' Instagram on Monday October 10th.