How to Keep Mushies Fresh for Longer & Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
We often get asked how to keep mushrooms fresher for longer using the Swag 🍄
Listen to founder Peita on how she shops for, stores and preps her 'shrooms 👇🏻
Now, since you're probably going to start using some of these hacks, we thought we'd reward you with our delicious creamy vegan mushroom soup recipe 😋
This creamy vegan mushroom soup is dairy-free, gluten free, easy to make, packed with healthy nutrients and is a mushroom lover’s dream!
Brimming with mushrooms and full of fantastic flavor this dish has quickly become a new favorite lunch and dinner option here at Swag HQ. And the best part about this recipe is that you likely have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry/fridge right now!
Time: 10 mins prep and 30 mins cooking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 500g cremini or white mushroom, sliced
- 250g brown mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup vegan dry white wine (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk (full-fat)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the onion and garlic, dried oregano, thyme and basil and sauté briefly.
- Then add the sliced mushrooms and the tamari and cover the pot. Cook on medium high, for around 10 minutes. This will allow the mushrooms to release their water.
- Add the wine, vegetable broth and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook for a final 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, allowing the flavors to blend properly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a pinch of dried herbs and serve.